It’s never been easier than before finding jobs NOW!
Many people may think that finding jobs would rather difficult and full of very complicated and hierarchical process within recruitment process. The answer is somewhere in between. It is difficult but not impossible. But, it would rather easier than several decades ago.
I remembered the story of my parents in the early days that they had to wake up in the morning and printed their CV on the paper based. Yes, it is not in the USB or something on your smartphone. It is on the piece of paper. They had to sometimes print it more and bring some extra in their bags, just for a backup plan. To be honest, it also happened to me in my early days of my job searching period. But as soon as the 21st century hit, everything goes paperless and online.
There are limitless ways that you can gain the opportunity of the online world. The power lies in your creativity, efforts, and persistence. How long will you stay until you decide it to give up? How far will you go the extra miles to conquer your dream jobs? The idea of hiring global talents in this online era is also open widely. More and more companies, not only in The USA, but also Europe, Asia, China, Australia, etc. which are looking for talents around the world, especially startups. The hiring tools these days is never even better than before, including online linkedin platform and any other job board websites are widely accessible and free of charge.
Here are some examples of tips and ways for getting notice by the prospective employers:
- Create your own Video Resume online and post it on youtube and facebook. Use your creativity and imagination for making the best video resume possible to make you stand out in front of your prospective employers.
- Create your website or blogs. Publish your work/research/experince/CV and most importantly your Video Resume on your own blogs and website. Promote it by posting it on youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. The possibility is limitless. Use your creativity and imagination for making the best video resume possible to make you stand out in front of your prospective employers.
- Post your resume online so recruiters can find you — even when you’re not actively searching for work.
- Join an online networking community and connect with fellow alumni, colleagues and recruiters.
- Search the names of old friends and coworkers to reach out and expand your network via linkedin, facebook, twitter, or any other networking platforms.
- Research major employers, various news/financial Web sites or search engines.
- Tap the power of industry blogs to find folks who are doing what you’d like to do for a living and ask for advice. You’d be surprised at how many people are willing to share their wisdom.
- Streamline your efforts by saving job searches and signing up for email job alerts so you’ll know about new postings immediately.
- Start an online job-search support group and open it up to members of your network who are looking for work and share encouragement and insights as you seek out new opportunities.
- Visit company Web sites for additional job postings and to learn about each organization’s corporate culture. This will help you determine if you’d be a good fit and provide you with insights for any interviews.
- Browse trade associations and professional groups online for insights and new connections.
- Patrol job message boards and discussion groups to connect with like-minded and in-the-know professionals. Many times job openings are not posted immediately and these people may have hot inside leads on new opportunities.